School Sports Funding / Swimming Data
At John Hellins we are using the PE Funding the school has been receiving to ensure that the children are delivered a high quality PE provision.
Overall Impact of Sports Premium Funding
- High levels (83% at most recent survey) of children engaged in physical activity at lunchtime.
- Increased level of staff confidence as measured by staff survey.
- Increased uptake (over 65% of pupils) of after school provision following opportunities to work with providers during lesson times.
- Increased range of resources in order that a wider range of activities can be provided.
- Increased school entries to local cluster and Northamptonshire sporting competitions with an improved performance at these.
Please click the below attachment to find out how we have spent this funding and full details of the impact this has had.
Statutory Swimming Data for Year 6 children
In the Year 2019-2020 100% of our pupils in Year 6 could swim 25 metres as required by the National Curriculum. They can also use a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self rescue in different water based situations.